We believe that the Recreation Department is responsible for providing a comfortable, secure, personally satisfying environment for each individual resident keeping in mind the concept of normalization.
We believe in providing a high quality of life for all our residents. This shall be accomplished through a multi disciplinary approach to planning, implementing and evaluating the recreation programs.
Programs shall meet the physical, emotional, social, educational, psychological and spiritual needs of each resident. We will encourage and actively support individuality and independence thereby giving our residents a sense of belonging and control over their own environment.
We believe that all residents have a right to provide input into the planning of recreational programs through the Residents Council or directly with the recreation staff.
Along with our daily recreational activities, outings and special events we also offer evening and weekend programming to best suit the residents needs.
Heritage Court Activity Room
- Location: At the front of the facility
- Amenities: Small fridge, sink, microwave, tea pot, kettle and coffee maker
- Accommodates: Approx. 15 people
- Location: Behind the Chapel
- Amenities: Sink, tables, chairs
- All room bookings are limited to a max of 20 guests
- Open houses are not permitted due to safety reasons
- Please ensure you speak to a member of the Recreation Department and fill out a room booking contract
Family Dining Room
- Location: Across from the elevator at the back of the building
- Amenities: It has a full kitchen area (microwave, fridge, oven, sink) dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, trays, coffee maker, kettle, tea towels, dish soap and various utensils. This is a very popular room for preparing your own meal or bringing in your own. Adjoining the kitchen area is a formal dining room
- Accommodates: 12 comfortably
- Location: Across from the Chapel
- Amenities: Sink, tables, chairs, fridge and washroom
- Accommodates: Approx. 12 people
Outside patio area adjoining the Family Dining Room and Resource Room
Housekeeping & Laundry
Housekeeping, laundry and maintenance services are monitored by our Director of Programs and Support Services.
Regular housekeeping and maintenance duties are carried out in the accordance with the Ministry of Health standards to ensure that our environment is clean and safe for the residents, visitors and staff.
- Daily laundering of clothing is included in the monthly room rate
- Mending is the responsibility of the family
- Ironing or dry cleaning is not included in the facilities laundry service
Please ensure that clothing is washable and will tolerate the heat of the dryer.
All clothing will be labelled by the home at the time of admission. New items brought into the resident should be taken to the desk, where the charge nurse will have them labelled appropriately prior to the resident wearing the new items.
If families choose to be responsible for a resident’s regular laundry, we ask that they notify the charge nurse and provide a laundry hamper in the resident’s room. A sign will be posted in the resident’s room indicating that laundry is being done by the family. Soiled clothing, for infection control reasons, must be laundered regularly.
We also offer the use of the Family/Resident Laundry Room for the convenience of residents or family members wishing to do their own laundry.
Maintenance is the responsibility of the home. If you have a concern related to the building, please bring it to the attention of the Director of Programs and Support Services. All electrical appliances brought into the home must be checked by the maintenance person prior to them being plugged in.
Electrical items such as electric blankets, heating pads, and extension cords are not allowed.
The Hairdressing Salon is situated in Cobblestone Court. Please refer to the hours posted on the window of the Salon. Services of the hairdresser can be arranged through the administrator or by speaking to the Nurse Unit Managers.
- Billing for hairdressing is added to the monthly statement.
Services offered include:
|Shampoo & set||$13.00|
|Ladies Hair cut||$15.00|
|Shampoo / Hair
cut / set
|Shampoo / cut / blow dry||$18.00|
|Shampoo / blow dry||$7.50|
|Colour / set||$40.00|
Park Lane Terrace Chapel
The Park Lane Terrace Chapel is a place of reverence – a place of comfort and peace. Many services are held within the Chapel on a monthly basis, please see the monthly recreation calendar for dates and times of services.
Memorial services are held twice a year in the Chapel. Park Lane has an extensive Memorial Tree Forest planted in loving memory of Residents that have passed away. Our Memorial rose Garden has also become a lovely focal point within our courtyard area.
Park Lane Terrace will:
- Provide for the spiritual needs of every resident through a variety of religious programs, counseling and one to one visitation.
- Assess resident spiritual needs upon admission, at the time of illness and throughout the death and dying process.
- Provide Memorial Services as needed to assist residents through the grieving process.
- Provide spiritual counseling to each resident, family and staff as required.
The Residents’ Council of Park Lane acts as a voice for residents and families to express concerns, exchange information and voice opinions to the administration of the home.
The Residents’ Council is involved in fundraising programs to raise money to purchase items for the home and to attend outings etc; throughout the year (e.g. Raffles, Tuck Shoppe proceeds). Through this council, community involvement is encouraged.
The Residents’ Council is a joint committee with the Pastoral Care Committee. Pastoral Care issues are listed as monthly agenda items to be discussed by members.
Residents’ Council is also a joint committee with the Dietary Department. The Food Services Supervisor and/or Dietician regularly attend meetings to deal with food concerns and receive feedback/approval of menus throughout the year.
Residents’ Council meetings are held monthly and all residents are encouraged to participate.